Thursday, June 19, 2008

The sincerest form of flattery?

So, I know what they say..."Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"...I am not sure they had this in mind, though. I was sitting on the couch reading my book when CJ bounded up and said, "Mama! Read Peter Pan to me!" I responded with, "Just a second sweetie"...I just HAD to finish the paragraph I was reading. CJ proceeded to fling the book at me with a harrumph. I gave him the typical head tilted mama stink eye and was waiting for an apology. Instead I got the face of a little boy, a face that is strikingly like my own, giving me that same stink eye right down to the tilting of the head. It was more then I could handle. I burst into uncontrollable peels of laughter and scooped my boy into my arms. He of course proceeded to make the face at me for the rest of the evening. Perhaps not my best parenting moment, but a very memorable and humorous one to be sure!

1 comment:

Grandma Greer said...

It is really meaningful to me to see you in Caleb. He is so much like you in his mannerisms, except you didn't need a gun!